You will only be eligible for the Educare course if you have a National Senior Certificate (also known as a matric certificate).
How Can I Get A Matric Certificate?
If you did not have the opportunity to do matric or if you did not pass your matric year, doing an Adult Matric course is the way to go. This course will give you the chance to study towards your matric certificate, no matter how long you have been out of school.
Adult Matric Specifications
Accreditation body: Umalusi
Course name: Amended Senior Certificate
SAQA ID Number: 49647
Programme Type: National Qualification
Award Type: Senior Certificate
Course duration: recommended time: 12-24 months (36 months is also an option)
NQF level: 04
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) serves as the registration authority for Bellview Institute of Distance Learning on the QCTO. As an independent body of education, the Adult Matric course as offered by Bellview does not need to undergo any further accreditation processes.
Courses that you could do without a matric certificate would be ICB Bookkeeping and Accounting, these include Bookkeeping, Financial Accounting, and Technical Financial Accounting. The entry requirement for the foundation level course is that you need to have a Grade 10 Certificate and be over the age of 16years. Or ICB Business Management, the entry requirement for the foundation level course, Small Business Financial Management, is a grade 11 or equivalent certificate.
What Do I Need For An Adult Matric Course?
An Adult Matric course can be started with the following:
- A matric status that shows you have not completed matric or that you did not pass your matric year
- A grade 9 certificate or an equivalent certificate (NQF level 1)
You can begin your Adult Matric journey at the age of 19. You must, however, be at least 21 years old once you write your final exams.
Here is a breakdown of the Educare programme:
- Educare: NATED N4 National Certificate (NQF level 5)
- Educare: NATED N5 National Certificate (NQF level 5)
- Educare: NATED N6 National Certificate (NQF level 5)
- Educare: NATED N6 National Diploma (NQF level 6)
What Will I Need For The Educare Programme?
The Educare: NATED N4 National Certificate course can be started with a National Senior Certificate (NSC). This is the case with Management assistant courses, Financial management courses and all other NATED courses.
After you have finished this first course, this certificate can be used to qualify for the next programme. Each Educare course certificate counts as the entry requirement for the following course on the list.
Furthering Your Studies With Bellview
Studying with Bellview will give you a range of benefits, such as:
- Allocating your study time: There are no physical classroom settings when you study via Distance Learning. This allows you to create a flexible study schedule. You simply need to hand in assignments on time and prepare adequately for your exam
- Cutting out face to face classes: Studying through Distance Learning will allow you to choose where you study. You can even complete your studies from home
- Study while you work: With the free time and flexibility you get from Distance Learning, you can manage to work while you study. Gaining an income could even help you pay for your studies not to mention gaining skills that you can apply to your job
- Generally cheaper studies: With Distance Learning, studies are cheaper since you will not need to spend any extra money on facilities or transportation
- Support systems at Bellview: Bellview offers various support systems to help their students throughout the duration of their studies. You can get assistance in choosing a course by contacting one of their course specialists. If you have any queries, their staff will respond to them within 48 hours. You can also interact with students for support on the Together We Pass platform
- Getting results: Bellview is sure to provide students with assignment results and feedback within a period of 48 hours
- Bellview’s delivery system: Bellview ensures that all of your necessary study materials arrive at your delivery address within 5 to 7 working days. It might take a little longer for students who do not live in the major cities
- Applying for one of Bellview’s courses: You have a few application options when studying with Bellview. You can:
- Reach out to one of their course specialists: https://bellview.edu.za/meet-your-course-specialists/
- Call their landline (0800 39 00 27)
- Fill in their online application form
Author: Karla Nortier
Editor: Megan Dreyer
Date Published: November 23, 2021